Thursday, May 14, 2009

Roses Fresh from the Garden

The Paper Garden that is. All 30 of these roses were made by hand. The petals were cut out, taped with floral tape to floral wire, then hand painted with water colors and shaped by a small wooden dowel.I did a variety of colors that I knew my mom would like. Peaches, Pinks, whites, yellows and some roses that blended from yellow to peach or pink. It was a labor intensive process but I'm so happy with the results.

If I had to do it over again I'd wait to arrange them until after all or most of the roses were done. I may be over critical on myself, but the arrangement of these roses could have been better. I may have rushed myself to complete the project since it is a gift for my mom for mothers day and is several days late.

I did steal two from the bouquet to give to her on Mothers Day and she was so impressed by them. I can't wait to get these to her! I think she should have these at her desk at work to brighten the office, and to show off her extraordinarily talented daughter. LOL.

Without further text, Bon Apetite!




2 comments:

android developer said...

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.

Expertessays.co.uk said...

Such a lovely post with a beautiful Rose.

essay help uk