Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Kickass Painted Heels





I've been paint on and off for two weeks and finally they are done! I've had these shoes for a while and they are the comfiest heels ever! But the heels had become scuffed after being my go-to heel for the past two or three years. After picking up a similar looking heel at the thrift store for two bucks I finally plucked up the courage to risk ruining my favorite shoes. But I didn't ruin them and personally I think they look fabulous considering my poor painting skills.

I painted them using acrylic paint. Afterward I sprayed it with a seal. I'm all about fixing things instead of replacing them, so the the paint is partly functional. I'll definitely wear these a lot longer than if the scuffs got worse.

Sealing them, plastic bags covering what doesn't need to be sealed.





This was a really fun and challenging project. My ability to paint a thin black line has improved tenfold. If I could change one thing, it'd be the skull which I think looks pretty amateur. Here's a better view:


Also a close up of the waves, since they're the most detailed



What do you think of my shoes? Comments and Criticism welcome

8 comments:

Arya said...

I love them! I think you did an awesome job at revamping your shoes and when you get tired of them you can just paint over them again!!

Allegra said...

Love the waves. This project totally reminds me of when we used to draw on my shoes in high school.

Sarah Jane at The Crafteteria said...

Yeah, your keds were freaking rad!

Jennifer said...

I adore these!

shapewear said...

I do this with my chucks aswell. I customize them by using waterproof acrylic paint and markers to liven up the shoes. Then change the laces to match the paintings on it.

Anonymous said...

i would totally buy these!!

Starla said...

My friends and I have enjoyed painting and revamping shoes. Here is a link to my friend's blog where she is showing off a pair.
and if you look at the blog post for the fashion show I glittered the heels of shoes very similar to yours and redid two others. Got to love shoes!!!
http://tallysplace.blogspot.com/2010/02/painted-shoesjust-for-me.html

the north face said...

Saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the tremendous lucidity in your writing.